Frequently Asked Questions
Below are answers to questions we often get asked that will hopefully make your enjoyment of Maidenhead Festival better!
- Do we need to buy/get tickets to attend?
No, Maidenhead Festival is completely free to attend and that means you don't need to get tickets! Simply come down to Kidwells Park and join in the fun!
- Can we bring alcohol to the park? Festival-goers are reminded that Kidwells Park is a designated alcohol free area and the festival is a family event. Alcohol is not permitted in the park and any taken in will be confiscated. There are plenty of refreshments in the park including a brand new Alcohol Free Bar.
- Are dogs welcome? Of course, we love our 4-legged friends and they are more than welcome to join in the fun. However we do remind dog owners that it does get busy and noisy so please consider the welfare of your dog before bringing them down.
We do not recommend dogs being in the park during the Fireworks display, taking place at approximately 10.15pm on Saturday night.
- Where can I park? There is lots of parking in the town centre car parks including Hines Meadow, West Street and Grove Road. Please do not park in residential roads surrounding the town centre of Kidwells Park.
- Is Festival Accessible? Yes, the event is fully accessible and we welcome everyone to Festival. This year we have teamed up with the amazing charity Shopmobility, located inside the Nicholson Centre near Superdrug.
They will be open on Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st July between 9.30 am and 4.30 pm for anyone who requires use of a mobility scooter to get to Kidwells Park and use for the day.
There is a drop off / pick up point at the end of Brock Lane where users can be left to pick up their scooter whilst their driver parks their car in one of the car parks. Those of you that are current Shopmobility members will be able to take a scooter on both days as part of your standard membership. Those who aren’t members will need to complete a hire form and make a £20 cash payment on the day for scooter hire.
- Can we bring a picnic? Yes you are more than welcome to bring your own picnics and soft drinks with you.
- Can I bring a barbecue? For safety reasons, the use of barbecues of any kind is strictly prohibited anywhere on the festival site. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in ensuring the safety of all attendees.
- Can I bring my own picnic table/chairs? You are allowed to bring chairs and small tables with you, but please try not to obstruct people’s view when setting up your seating. Please be advised that chairs are not allowed at the front of the stage to ensure a clear view for all attendees. Thank you for your cooperation in ensuring a safe and enjoyable experience for all.
- Can I bring a gazebo/small tent? Tents and gazebos are not permitted, small children’s UV shelters can be brought to the to provide sun cover.
- Will I be able to come and go during the day? As this is not a ticketed event you are free to come and go as you please.
- What time does the event start/finish? The Festival starts at 10.00am and finishes at 10.30pm on Saturday and starts at 11am and finishes at 9.30pm on Sunday.
- Is Festival Free? Yes it is free to attend Maidenhead Festival which gives you access to all the live music, fireworks, the festival beach and market area. Stalls, fun fair rides, activities and food are all charged for.
- What food is available? Foodies, rejoice! Maidenhead Festival is a culinary paradise, featuring a wide array of delicious treats from local vendors. Indulge in mouth-watering street food, refreshing beverages, and satisfy your cravings. Get ready to tantalize your taste buds!